To add tasks to a new control, click on “Create controls” and go to “Tasks”.
To change the tasks of existing controls, click on the specific program under “Your programs” on the Dashboard. Then click on the title of the control of which you wish to change the tasks.
The control designer is the heart of the control. The designer is easy to use and offers you a very flexible way to customize the control using different “task types”.
Design your control by using one or more of the task types. The different task types are:
- Text: Ask the assignee to enter a text based on your instructions.
- Comment field: Ask the assignee to write a comment.
- Number: Ask the assignee to write a number. The system will validate that a valid number has been entered.
- Checklist: Create a checklist for the assignee to complete.
- Radio buttons: Ask the assignee to provide one answer to a question e.g. yes/no, approved/not approved.
- Attach file: Provide the assignee with the option of attaching one or more files when completing the control. There is a max file size of 50 MB.
- Table: You can define titles, columns, and rows on your table when you create the control. After completion, the data in the table can easily be transferred to Excel.
- Datasheet: Add your predefined datasheet to the control.
For each of the different task types you can choose to add files. The files will show up for the assignee, when he or she is performing the control.
The control is simple to adjust, if you find that you have something you want to change.
You can preview your control by clicking on “Preview” to see if your control is working as intended.
Remember to save your work when you are done.